- 1 pound medium Pan-Seared Citrus Shrimp (I use 31/40 shrimp)
- 8 cups greens (such as arugula, spinach, or spring mix)
- Fruity or lemon-flavored extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or 1/2 orange
- 1 avocado , sliced or diced
- 1 shallot , minced
- 4 ounces sliced almonds , toasted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the recipe for the Pan-Seared Citrus Shrimp, or gently warm the leftover shrimp. Or, if you prefer, serve the shrimp chilled.
Toss the shrimp with the salad greens in a large bowl.
Lightly drizzle with olive oil, and if desired, some of the sauce remaining from the shrimp with a generous squeeze of citrus, and toss lightly to coat.
- Add the avocado, shallots and sliced almonds and then season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
- Use some of the citrus sauce from the shrimp as a double duty dressing.
- Or, if you don’t have enough sauce for the dressing, simply use a good extra virgin olive oil (I like the lemon flavored varieties) with an additional squeeze of citrus.
citrus shrimp avocado salad recipe