- Olive oil
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken breast or raw, cooked with the onions
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 10- ounce can Manwich Bold + 1 can water
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound of small dry pasta I used penne; about 2 cups
- 2 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onion sliced (optional, for garnish)
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and saute for one minute, then add cooked chicken (I keep THIS on hand) and saute for a couple of minutes. You could also start with raw chicken and cook it with the onion and garlic. (See notes).
- Stir in chicken broth, Manwich Bold Sloppy Joe Sauce, water and pasta to the pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring once after about 15 minutes. Check for doneness at 20 minutes and continue to simmer with the lid off if there is still a lot of liquid or if the pasta isn’t quite al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheddar until well incorporated, reserving a handful to sprinkle on the top. Cover the pot for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt, and stir.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve immediately.
*If you prefer to start with raw chicken, cook the chicken about halfway through while you cook the onions. It should be brown on all sides, but doesn’t have to be cooked through. Continue with the remaining steps.
One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta is creamy and simple to make with just a few ingredients and one pan for easy clean up. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner! #pasta #onepotmeals #dinner via Yellow Bliss Road