FOR THE CRUST
- 8 graham cracker sheets or 16 squares
- 2 TBS sugar
- 3 TBS melted butter
FOR THE LEMON CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBS flour
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Press tinfoil or parchment paper into a 9inch square pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Crush your graham crackers using your food processor till a fine crumb is formed.
- Combine your graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a small bowl.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, while preparing filling.
- Beat your cream cheese until smooth, for about 1 minute.
- Add in your egg, flour, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar. (Add 1 to 2 drops of yellow food coloring if you want yellow colored bars)
- Mix for 2-3 minutes until mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour mixture over crust and bake in oven for 25 minutes until the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Allow to set at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cover and place in fridge for 3 hours, or overnight before slicing and serving.