- 1 16 oz can refried beans, or 2 cups homemade
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 to 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 medium avocados
- 1 lime, juiced (about 1 1/2 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- Combine the refried beans, rotel diced tomatoes and taco seasoning in a bowl and whisk until combined. Spread into an even layer in a 7″x11″ casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl combine the avocado, lime juice, cilantro and garlic salt. Mash until desired consistency is reached and then spread into an even layer over the beans.
- Stir the sour cream until nice and smooth, then spread into an even layer over the guacamole.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the sour cream, then top with the diced tomatoes, black olives and green onions.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Dip can be made up to 2 days in advance, and stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Just keep in mind that the guacamole can turn brown when exposed to oxygen.
7 Layer Dip is one of the BEST party appetizers! It’s filled with seven layers of delicious ingredients that’s perfect for any occasion.