- 2 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 1 (30-32oz) bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add hash browns to skillet and cook until lightly brown. Place hash browns in bottom of lightly greased 9×13-inch pan. Top with sausage and cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and milk. Pour over hash brown mixture.
- **Cover and refrigerate at this point if baking later.**
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes.
Can make casserole in advance and refrigerate or freeze for later.
To bake after refrigerating, you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time.
To bake after freezing, thaw completely and bake as directed above.
To reheat after freezing, thaw completely. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350ºF for 30 to 40 minutes, until warm all the way through.
Sausage Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole – hash browns, sausage, eggs & cheese – can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready! Great for overnight guest and Christmas morning!